XIFAXAN was given a strong recommendation§ to treat global IBS-D symptoms in the 2020 ACG Clinical Guideline on Managing IBS3||
||Based on a moderate quality of evidence3¶
- ACG=American College of Gastroenterology
- §Strength of recommendation: Strong=Most patients should
- receive the recommended course of action; Conditional=Many
- patients should have this recommended course of action, but
- different choices may be appropriate for some patients.
- ¶Summary of quality of evidence:
- High=The estimate of effect is unlikely to change with new data.
- Very low=Estimate of effect is very uncertain.