The safety profile of XIFAXAN has been established with over 14 years of therapeutic use and over 3300 patients studied across clinical trials.1 In addition, unlike other prescription IBS-D treatments, XIFAXAN is:
Minimal side effects at rates similar to placebo1
ALT = alanine aminotransferase.
NA = not available.
*Most of the events of ALT increased were due to transient increases that resolved over time and were not temporally associated with study drug treatment.2
- Constipation was observed in only 0.5% of XIFAXAN patients2
- Did not cause any clinically relevant antibiotic resistance after 1 to 3 treatment cycles2
Dosing is convenient, not continuous1
- Just 2 weeks of treatment, not continuous daily prescription medication1
- One 550 mg tablet 3 times a day with or without food1
- Patients who experience recurrence can be retreated up to two times1
Find access and savings information